In Carroll County, Tennessee, arrest warrants hold the same weight as they do in other parts of the country. After all, the police and the state’s power in the form of the judiciary come together for the release of an active warrant. This means that peace officers get additional powers for the execution of these orders.
It is no wonder then that the Carroll sheriff’s office prefers to go through the grind of requesting the release of a warrant from the local court when they want to take an accused into custody. While warrant issue does not necessarily have to precede an arrest, without such an order, the police can only detain a person when he is picked up from the crime scene or if he is nabbed while in the act of committing the crime.
As opposed to this, there are very few restrictions placed on arrest once a warrant has been issued in Carroll County. Because the court does ascertain that there is probable cause in the matter before handing a warrant to the police, it is almost a certainty that there is significant proof to hold the alleged offender culpable when an arrest is made under the provisions of a judicial detention decree.
This also explains why such orders are held back in the system as outstanding warrants for an almost indefinite period. So, to find arrest records from Carroll County, you can go to any of the state agencies mentioned below. However, you will have to go down to their office in person for a Carroll warrant search.
- Law enforcement: 126 West Paris Street, Huntingdon, Tennessee 38344.
- Magistrate: 99 Court Square, Huntingdon, TN 38344.
- Clerk of court: PO Box 29, Huntingdon, Tennessee 38344.
If you want to know about Carroll County outstanding warrants and arrests over the phone, which agencies can help? (2021-Update)
- For information on recent arrests, call the Carroll County Jail at (731) 986-1905.
- To seek details on arrests warrants, contact the Carroll County General Sessions Court at (731) 986-1926.
- For requesting a warrant search or arrest report through the Sheriff’s Office, call (731) 986-8947.
- To request an incident report or arrest report from Huntingdon PD, call (731) 986-5310.
- For victim’s assistance and information, call the District Attorney’s Office at (731) 986-5031.
- To find out more about requesting criminal court records, call the Clerk of Court at (731) 986-1932.
Crime statistics of Carroll County
The Carroll County Sheriff’s Department filed 215 criminal reports in 2019. More than 154 of these were against property crimes, while 44 involved crimes against people. The majority of property crime cases were attributed to larceny-theft (73 cases) and burglary (63 cases). The complaints in the category of violent crimes included 34 cases of aggravated assault and 7 of rape, among other offenses.
Older crime statistics
Of the 560 crimes that transpire in Carroll County, TN, every year, almost 12% are violent acts, and almost 50% of these take place when the victim is in close vicinity of his home or workplace. Over the eight-year period from 2001 to 2008, there has been an increase of almost 40% in the area’s crime rates.