Looking for active arrest warrant details in Maury County, TN, can undoubtedly be challenging because there are absolutely no online resources that can come to your rescue. So, if you seek information on arrest records, the only real choice you have is to pick the agency you want to visit.
Although you can get records about outstanding warrants issued in the county from the judiciary and law enforcement, the warrant search process does not vary between departments. So, as a routine, you will be expected to submit a formal request for information on arrest warrants in Maury County and visit the agency in person to receive the results of your inquiry.
Ideally, it would be best to start with Maury’s sheriff’s office, which is located at 1300 Lawson White Dr, Columbia, Tennessee 38401. Among the advantages of taking this approach is that you will get specific criminal history background information from the cops instead of a combination of civil and criminal records.
However, if you need more exhaustive information about a person’s past, the county clerk’s office at 41 Public Square, Columbia, Tennessee 3840 will be more suitable. The deputies of the court clerk are charged with maintaining legal records called court dockets; upon formal request, these are made accessible to the public.
The magistrate court also keeps warrant records as it is the issuing authority for all types of arrest orders. To communicate with a representative of this judicial division, you will have to go to their office at 115 N Main St, Mt Pleasant, TN 38474.
Can you get any information pertaining to Maury County warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- If you have a general law and order question, call the Sheriff’s Department at 931-380-5733.
- If you need arrest records, contact the Corrections Records Clerk at 931-375-8619.
- If you want to inquire about arrest warrants, call the Clerk of Criminal Warrants at 931-375-8623.
- If you have any questions regarding recent arrests, contact the Maury County Jail at 931-375-8665.
- If you have a question regarding a criminal matter, contact the Investigation Division at 931-375-5725 (for victims only).
- If you wish to understand how to get access to criminal case records, contact the Clerk of Court’s office at 931-375-1100.
- If you need help for a victim, contact the District Attorney’s Office at 931-380-2536.
Crime statistics of Maury County
In 2019, around 571 crimes were reported in Maury County. Of these, nearly 431 were property crimes and around 140 were violent crimes.
Property crimes included nearly 260 larceny-theft cases and over 94 burglary complaints, among others. The violent crime total included approximately 114 instances of aggravated assault, 24 cases of rape and 1 of robbery.
Of the 30,000 plus crimes that transpire in Maury County, TN each year, a massive 15% are violent in nature. On average, a criminal report is filed in the area every two hours, which brings the daily crime number to 12 incidents at the minimum.
The truly alarming aspect of this statistic is that in more than 50% of these crimes, the victim becomes a target when he/she is in close vicinity of his/her home or office.