Every year hundreds of Decatur County arrest warrant searches are launched by private agencies, law enforcement entities from outside the state, and civilian applicants. These inquiries are not just meant to bring back details on the outstanding warrants in the name of the subject but to get complete background reports.
Most applicants are content with details on arrest records from Decatur County, active warrants, criminal case disposition, and sentencing. However, some are looking to find civil court data as well. While the police can do a fantastic job when it comes to handling crime-related inquiries, they cannot oblige when it comes to civil cases.
For this, you will need to approach an agency that maintains a presence in the civil and criminal tribunals of the area. Although the magistrate is the authoritative entity in the judicial juggernaut, different court divisions have been created to tackle criminal infractions and civil litigations.
So, you will either have to be prepared to do a bit of running around or make do with information on arrests and warrants or just on civil matters. One option works on all counts; the county clerk’s office keeps the court dockets for all tribunals, so they can initiate a regular Decatur County warrant search or get you combined results from their central judicial repository. To connect with any of the agencies discussed herein, go to:
- The office of the sheriff: 38 N East St, Decaturville, Tennessee 38329
- The court of the magistrate: 22 W Main St, Decaturville, TN 38329
- The department of the county clerk: PO Box 488, Decaturville, Tennessee 38329-0488
Will state agencies provide an arrest report or information about Decatur County warrants over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- To know about arrests, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 731-852-3703.
- To get an incident report/arrest report from Decaturville PD, contact them at 731-852-2220.
- To get a County warrant search done, call the General Sessions Court at 731-852-3125.
- To get help and information for victims, contact the District Attorney’s Office at 731-852-3232.
- To get access to criminal court records, contact the Clerk of Court at 731-852-3125.
Crime statistics of Decatur County
Around 100 cases of property crimes and 30 cases of violent crimes were investigated by Decatur County Police in 2019. The annual crime average was 130 incidents, as compared to the 137 complaints recorded in 2018.
More than 25 cases of serious assault were among the 30 violent crime-related complaints. There were 43 burglaries, 43 larceny-theft reports, and 14 motor vehicle theft complaints among the 100 property crime incidents.
Older crime statistics
Every year, almost 220 criminal incidents are brought to light in Decatur County, Tennessee. Of these acts, almost 11% are violent crimes. These numbers may increase sharply in the future given the rise of almost 70% in reported criminal occurrences and similar growth of almost 60% in violent criminal incidents.