Nobody relishes the prospect of being dragged to the police station in the middle of the night because the police have a Macon County, TN active warrant in their name. However, this daunting situation has turned into a nightmarish reality for many, including some people who had never been involved in a criminal act. So, knowing your rights is crucial.
Like all other counties in the nation, arrest warrants from Macon are only released after all branches of the justice system diligently follow the prescribed judicial process. Failure to do so can lead to case dismissal when it goes to trial. So, the police and the magistrate ensure that there is enough ground to hold a person culpable before an order of this type is released.
Hence you can be sure that for every Macon County outstanding warrant in the police database, the sheriff’s deputies have a significant amount of evidence. This information has to be presented in the form of a writ for establishing probable cause, which is a crucial constraint in the warrant issue procedure.
Once a person is taken into custody, the police move the details to their arrest records database. This information is also sent to the magistrate’s court and the Macon county clerk’s office to be included in the court dockets when the case comes up for hearing. To get a warrant search done, you can go to:
- Law enforcement: 902 Highway 52 Bypass E, Lafayette, Tennessee 37083
- Judiciary: 904 Old Highway 52, Lafayette, TN 37083
- County Clerk: Public Square, Lafayette, Tennessee 37083
What phone numbers should you be dialing for a warrants search or arrests inquiry in Macon County? (2021-Update)
- To know about recent arrests: Call the Macon County Justice Center at 615-666-7155.
- To find out about outstanding warrants and arrests handled by the Sheriff’s Department, call them at 615-666-3325.
- To get general information or to file a non-emergency complaint: Call the Sheriff’s dispatch phone number- 615-666-4046.
- To request assistance for crime victims and witnesses, get in touch with the DA’s Office at 615-374-2604.
- To know more about accessing criminal court records: Contact the Clerk’s Office at 615-666-2354.
Crime statistics of Macon County
In 2019, The Macon County Sheriff’s Office filed 200 criminal complaints as compared to the 179 criminal cases filed in 2018. The figure included 159 property offenses and 41 crimes against people. The following crimes were reported:
- 91 larceny thefts
- 54 burglaries
- 14 motor vehicle thefts
- 41 aggravated assaults
Older Crime statistics
In Macon County, TN, there was a drastic reduction in the rates of reported crime of well over 100%; at the same time, violent crime also improved by nearly 20%. Despite this, every year, 300 criminal complaints are made in which approximately 14% are against violent acts of crime.