Before you hire a person, it is imperative to do a warrant search in White County, TN. This will help you to safeguard your business interests. You will not only be keeping the antisocial elements at bay through this approach but also will be preventing a PR failure, which will occur if an employee is arrested from your workplace.
Fortunately, you will find several government agencies that will be happy to assist you with information on arrest warrants from White County. Head over to the nearest justice agency from the list below and apply an inquiry into the active warrants against a person. Because the magistrate’s office can get you a notarized copy of a background report, it would help to go through this agency when hiring a person.
As per federal laws, you will be expected to notify the candidate of the background information gathered about him/her and the agency that furnished these details. You will also need such a report when looking for a job in the health care and services sectors. The White county clerk’s office, which keeps the court dockets, will be able to help you with a notarized copy of a criminal history report.
On the other hand, the police will be able to offer information on the past of your subject along with a lot of generic crime data like a most wanted list, incident statistics, outstanding warrants from White County. So, if you are merely looking for details and don’t really require the information in a written form, heading to the sheriff’s office will work.
- The police: 111 Depot Street, Suite 4, Sparta, Tennessee 38583
- The judiciary: 1 E Bockman Way, Sparta, TN 38583
- The county clerk: 1 East Bockman Way, Room 118, Sparta, Tennessee 38583-0086
How do you obtain details pertaining to White County warrants and arrests? (Revised in 2021)
- To access the report of an event handled by the Sheriff’s Office (arrests and accidents and issue of warrants), call 931-836-2700.
- For questions about active warrants and arrests handled by Sparta PD, call 931-836-3734.
- To inquire about recent arrests and inmate arrest records, call 931-836-3621.
- To receive information on victim’s services, call 931-528-5015.
- To learn about active warrants, criminal case court dates and criminal judicial records, call 931-836-3205.
Crime statistics of White County
White County Police investigated 251 cases of property crime and 55 occurrences of violent crime in 2019. The annual crime average was 306 incidents, which pointed to a decrease of 6% over the crime rates of 2018.
The 55 violent crimes included 2 incidents of rape, 5 cases of robbery, and 48 cases of serious assault. Among the 251 property crime reports filed, there were 45 burglaries, 165 larceny-theft reports, and 41 motor vehicle theft complaints.
Older Crime Statistics
Almost 700 crimes are reported in White County, TN every year, so from 2001 to 2008, almost 600 crimes occurred in the area. Approximately 12% of these were violent in nature. Also, through this period, violent crime incidents nearly doubled while reported crime grew by an estimated 60%.