People will usually research arrest warrants from Unicoi County, Tennessee, when they fear that such an order has been issued by the local courts in their name or want to find out if a person they know was ever embroiled in a criminal matter. Regardless of why you would like to get a warrant search done, there are only two ways to go about the inquiry.
The first option involves using an online database; you can access a privately maintained repository by filling the form found on top of this page. The advantage of taking this approach is that you can even go looking for outstanding warrants from Unicoi if you already have such a decree against you.
If you were to go through a government agency, this would lead to immediate arrest. Another benefit is, of course, the convenience of looking for arrest records without stepping out of your home. A small fee is charged for the service, but you get access to nationwide records of active warrants by becoming a member.
In contrast, the county clerk’s office, which keeps the court dockets, the magistrate’s office, and the sheriff’s department will be able to offer you a notarized copy of the background report. This is what you will need if you have been asked to provide a criminal history report by a potential employer or are digging into the past of a prospective employee. To visit these agencies, you can drive down to:
- The police: 102 North Main Street, Erwin, Tennessee 37650
- The magistrate: 100 N Main Ave, Erwin, TN 37650
- The county clerk: PO Box 305, Erwin, Tennessee 37650
Is it possible to get a hold of Unicoi County’s warrant list and arrest records over the phone? (At the time of writing, 2021)
- In order to approach the Unicoi County Sheriff’s Office for information on arrests and warrants, use the dispatch phone line at 423 743-1864.
- In order to learn about arrests, contact the Unicoi County Jail at 423-743-1858.
- In order to request arrest records and warrants information from Erwin PD, call 423-743-1870.
- In order to connect with Victim/Witness Services, contact the Victim’s Advocate at 423-743-1113.
- In order to request certified copies of judicial records and details on warrants, contact the Clerk of Court at 423-743-3541.
Crime statistics of Unicoi County
Almost 140 criminal complaints were filed by the Unicoi Sheriff’s Department in 2019. The figure included 116 property offenses and 21 crimes against people. The following crimes were reported:
- 75 larceny thefts
- 31 burglaries
- 10 motor vehicle thefts
- 21 aggravated assaults
Older Crime Statistics
Unicoi County, TN, sees the filing of nearly 350 criminal complaints each year. This amounts to almost 3000 cases lodged from 2001 to 2008. In this cumulative figure, only about 8% of the incidents were violent crimes, while a whopping 2000 plus complaints were reported in matters about property damage and crimes.