An active arrest warrant in your name equates to just one thing- the imminent risk of being taken into custody. In fact, depending on the nature of the crime in question and the suspect’s background, a person can be arrested and even be deported to the issuing county. Many sources offer information on arrest records and outstanding warrants issued in Knox County, TN.
Law agencies: To start a warrant search, the first stop should be the local law enforcement agency. Because active warrants are only issued at the Sherriff’s Office’s behest, they maintain all records about these orders. When looking for a list of all outstanding warrants from Knox County, TN, show yourself to 400 Main Street, Knoxville, Tennessee 37902.
For more current records, the official website of the agency is also an option. They offer a list of the most wanted criminals and fugitives at http://www.knoxsheriff.org/ along with a 24 hours arrest list at http://www.knoxsheriff.org/24hrlist/index.php.
State agencies: Another venue for seeking information on arrest records is the office of the county clerk. All information on every arrest order issued by criminal courts in Knox, TN, is kept in the court dockets, which this state agency maintains. So, get in touch with them at 300 W Main St # 226Knoxville, TN.
The judiciary: Finally, the Magistrate’s Court of the county is another official source of information on outstanding arrest warrants. The office is located in the City-County Building, 400 Main St. Knoxville, TN 37902.
Can you get information on recent arrests and active warrants from Knox County over the phone? (2021-data)
- Knox County Detention Facility to know about recent arrests- 865-281-6700.
- Knox County Jail for basic jail-related information and inmate search- 865-342-9620.
- Warrants Division to learn about active warrants- 865-215-2442.
- Knoxville PD for all arrests and criminal cases handled by them- 865-215-7000.
- Criminal Court Clerk to access court records (misdemeanor)- 865-215-2492.
- Circuit Court Clerk for judicial records (felony)- 865-215-3637.
- Records Division to access an arrest report or other police reports- 865-215-2205.
- District Attorney’s Office, for victim’s – 865-215-2515.
Crime statistics of Knox County
In 2019, the Knox Sheriff’s Department received 3990 criminal complaints, compared to 4179 in 2018. There were 3413 property offenses and 577 crimes against people.
Approximately 2331 larceny thefts, 588Knox burglaries, and 494 motor vehicle thefts were recorded as property offenses. Around 483 aggravated assaults, 62 rapes, and 30 robberies were among the violent offenses.
From the year 1999 to 2009, an estimated 15,000 criminal reports were filed in Knox County each year, of which almost12% were incidents of violent crime. Since the start of that decade, the number of illicit activities has risen sharply in the area by almost 50%