An active warrant from Claiborne County, TN, is not a judicial provision that you can afford to ignore. After all, such an order gives police almost unrestricted authority to take a person into custody. So, people who have arrest warrants out in their name can be taken into custody without any limitations of geography or time placed on such detentions.
An active warrant only gets issued once the police can prove it to the sitting magistrate of a local criminal tribunal that they do have enough evidence against the accused to hold him responsible for the criminal act. An affidavit is submitted in court to this effect. This writ has to have enough details for the establishment of probable cause.
Apart from the fact that the police, in all likelihood, have ample evidence against a person with an active warrant in his name, another vital thing to understand about such judicial orders is that they never go out of effect. Yes, an outstanding warrant from Claiborne County can remain in the police system for a whopping 100 years without any changes made to its powers.
So, it would be in your best interest to conduct periodic warrant searches in your own name. In fact, even when you intend to take on a new employee, you must get a background report on this person to safeguard your professional and personal assets. To gather details on Claiborne arrest warrants, you can write to:
- Department of the sheriff: PO Box 245, 1740 Main St, Tazewell, Tennessee 37879
- The court of the magistrate: 1740 Main St, Tazewell, TN 37879
- The office of the clerk of court: PO Drawer K, Tazewell, Tennessee 37879
Who can help you with an over-the-phone warrant search and arrests inquiry in Claiborne County? (2021- Update)
- To get an accident report, incident report or arrest report, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 423-626-3385.
- To get information about recent arrests, either call the Sheriff’s Department or dial the phone numbers of local PDs- 423-626-5104 (Tazewell) and 423-626-5104 (New Tazewell).
- To get information on victim’s assistance, call the DA’s Office at 423-626-8002.
- To get court dates for criminal cases and information on how to obtain criminal judicial records, contact the Clerk of Court at 423-626-3334
Crime statistics of Claiborne County
As compared to the 2018 crime average of 370 cases, the Claiborne County Sheriff’s Office received 341 criminal complaints in 2019. The figure included 283 criminal misdemeanors and 58 felonies.
There were 162 larceny thefts, 80 burglaries, and 41 car thefts in the category of misdemeanor crimes. There were 49 aggravated assaults, 3 rapes, and 2 robberies among the reported felonies.
From 2001 to 2008, approximately 6000 crimes were reported in Claiborne County, Tennessee. So, on an annual basis, nearly 700 crimes took place in the area, which puts the monthly average at just about 60 incidents. Through the period mentioned above, there was an increase of nearly 80% in Claiborne’s crime rates.