Contrary to popular belief, information on active warrants is not always made a part of public records. So, you cannot always initiate a Meigs County arrest warrant search online or look through website databases to find details on arrests and detention orders. In fact, the right way to conduct a criminal history inquiry is to start with a clear idea about why and how you intend to use the information you get.
For example, if your goal is to find out about any Meigs County arrest records or outstanding warrants in the name of a colleague, a new friend, or a neighbor, you can use the services of an online agency that sells crime history data. The information offered by the more reliable services is accurate, and it is assimilated from all over the country.
Filling in the form above will help you to get linked to one such agency. If you are looking for a personal arrest warrant search because a background report is a requirement to be employed, you will have to go through a state agency.
On the other hand, if you want to find out about any identity theft issues that you may be facing, looking for details on arrest warrants through third-party sites would be the best approach. To look for Meigs county active warrants through a state agency, you can go to:
- The office of the sheriff: River Rd, Decatur, Tennessee 37322
- The court of the magistrate: 410 River Rd, Decatur, TN 37322
- The department of the county clerk: PO Box 156, Decatur, Tennessee 37322
Can you get details about Meigs County recent arrests and active warrants over the phone? (2021-data)
- To find out about recent arrests, dial the phone number of the Meigs County Jail Main Office-
- To file a non-emergency complaint, contact the Sheriff’s Office at
- To get in touch with a detective who is handling your case (victims only), call
- To schedule jail visitation, call
- To report a person who has an outstanding warrant against him/her, call
- To learn the procedure for a local criminal background check, call the Police Records Division at
- To contact Victim/Witness Services, call the District Attorney’s Office at
Crime statistics of Meigs County
The annual crime average of Meigs County stood at 345 incidents in 2019. Of the complaints filed, property crimes clocked around 285 cases. In the violent crimes category, nearly 61 complaints were filed, of which 157 were against matters of assault.
Older Crime Statistics
Since 2001, there has been an increase of nearly 100% in violent crime rates and over 80% in the number of crimes reported in Meigs County, Tennessee. Overall, approximately 260 criminal complaints are filed with the sheriff’s department every year, and nearly 30 of these reports are lodged against violent criminal incidents.