The Freedom of Information Act of Tennessee gives all residents the right to access public documents by filing a formal request for the data with the appropriate government agency. In case of arrest warrants from Wayne County, Tennessee, you will have to search through the databases maintained by the police and the judiciary.
If you choose to go through the sheriff’s office, you will be given even the minutest details on any criminal matter that your subject was involved in. A detailed criminal history report will bring back data on arrest records from Wayne County and information on the release of all active warrants against a person. Apart from this, you will also get a list of the area’s most wanted and crime statistics from the police.
For people who would instead approach a judicial entity, two departments will be willing to get a Wayne County warrant search done for you: the court of the magistrate and the county clerk’s office. Both agencies will not only be able to offer information on outstanding warrants, but also they will be able to provide an extensive amount of data on the issue of other judicial instruments like summons, bench warrants, and others.
The county clerk’s office will also be able to furnish information on civil cases that are currently at the trial stage and those that have culminated in a verdict of any kind. These details are held in the repository of Wayne’s court dockets maintained by the clerk of court’s team. To contact these state agencies, you will have to visit them at:
- The office of the clerk of court: 100 Court Circle, Waynesboro, TN 38485
- The office of the magistrate: Given above
- The office of the sheriff: 201 Hassell St, Waynesboro, Tennessee 38485
Can you access the Wayne County warrant list and arrest records over the phone? (Current in 2021)
- Questions on recent arrests: 931-722-3615, option-1.
- Inquiries pertaining to arrests and warrants handled by the Sheriff’s Office: 931-722-3613.
- Details on arrests and warrants attributed to Waynesboro PD: 931-722-5486.
- Criminal investigation-related inquiries: 931-722-3615, option 6.
- Questions pertaining to victim/witness assistance: 931-722-7779.
- Inquiries about warrants and criminal court records: 931-722-5519
Crime statistics of Wayne County
Approximately 110 criminal complaints were filed in Wayne County in 2019. Around 93 were for property offenses such as larceny-theft (54), burglary (21), and automobile thefts (18). Among the 14 complaints filed against violent crimes, 12 were against incidents of assault.
Older Crime Statistics
Only about 200 crimes occur in Wayne County, TN every year. So, through the eight-year interval between 2001 and 2008, nearly 1600 criminal incidents were reported. Of these, over 280 cases were filed in matters about violent crime, while almost 700 cases could be attributed to property crimes.