The local police department is just one of the state agencies you can go to for an arrest warrant search in Houston County, TN. While most believe this to be the only option, the judiciary is also on the list of agencies that entertain requests about data on arrest records and active warrants.
In fact, frequently, you can find a lot more data from the magistrate’s office and the county clerk than the sheriff. The addresses of all three departments have been listed below. You will be expected to show up in person to file your request for crime history data. Another way is to connect with the agency of your choosing through the mail.
Depending on the search route you take, it may take anywhere from a few hours to some days to get your inquiry results. Typically, you will be given a formal background report, which will contain details on all Houston County outstanding warrants and arrests. If you connect with the clerk of court’s office, you can even find details on civil cases.
A distinctive advantage of going to this agency is that you can get to browse their court dockets database on your own. You will have to use the public service terminals at the justice center to get all the information you need on arrest warrants and other legal matters. Similarly, the magistrate’s court can provide tidbits on the issue of other legal orders, including bench warrants.
- The police: 3330 St Rt 149, Erin, Tennessee 37061
- The county clerk: PO Box 366, Erin, Tennessee 37061
- The court of the magistrate: 4725 E Main St, Erin, TN 37061
Who should you contact if you need information on recent arrests and warrants in Houston County? (By 2021)
- Call the Houston County Jail if you are interested in an inmate search or details of recent arrests: 931-289-4614.
- Call the Sheriff’s Office if you are interested in arrest records, criminal background search or accident reports: 931-289-4613.
- Call the Clerk of Court if you are interested in a case search or a warrants search: 931-289-4673.
- Call the District Attorney’s Office if you are interested in victim’s assistance: 615-789-5021.
Crime statistics of Houston County
There was a minuscule dip of 2% in the annual crime average of Houston County between 2018 and 2019. The local police filed approximately 100 complaints in 2019. Violent crimes led to 23 of these complaints, all filed against assault. Larceny-theft accounted for 48 property crime complaints, while burglaries accounted for 21 of them.
Older Crime statistics
In Houston County, Tennessee, approximately 140 criminal incidents occur each year. Of the cases filed, nearly 10% pertain to violent acts. From 2001 to 2008, there has been a rise of almost 80% in reported crime rates and equal growth in the figures of violent criminal complaints. This can quickly change the crime scene for the area if not controlled in time.