When you need to get a Sequatchie County arrest warrant search done, you need not look beyond the sheriff’s department unless you require a combined criminal and civil background report. Because the police are in charge of effecting arrests under active warrants and they place the request for these orders, to begin with, the agency is bound to have all details about TN criminal cases.
In fact, the database of criminal history maintained by the police will have all crime-related information regardless of how old a case is unless a specific set of records has been expunged. However, the sheriff’s office has no business keeping civil court records. So, you won’t find out if a matter is being fought out in the family courts by your subject through this source.
For such information, you will necessarily have to take your inquiry on outstanding warrants to the office of the county clerk. The best part of this department is that the applicant is offered access to the repository of court dockets that contains information on Sequatchie County arrest records, warrants, case verdicts, sentencing, civil litigations, and more.
You will only have to pay if you need printed copies of the results. The office of the magistrate has its own plus points when it comes to such inquiries. When looking for arrest warrants through this agency, you will also be able to find out about criminal summons and bench warrants issued in the subject’s name. To connect with these sources, go to:
- The sheriff’s: 351 Fredonia Road, Suite A, Dunlap, Tennessee 37327
- The magistrate’s: Cherry St, Dunlap, TN 37327
- The county clerk’s: 307 Cherry Street East, Dunlap, Tennessee 37327
How do you contact state agencies over the phone for an arrest report or information about warrants from Sequatchie County? (Updated-2021)
- Connect with the Sequatchie County Jail at 423-949-7750, option-1 to learn about recent arrests.
- Contact the Sheriff’s Office at 423-949-7750, option-2, to make a non-emergency complaint.
- Call the General Sessions Court at 423-949-2902 to inquire about initiating a warrants search
- Call Dunlap City PD at 423-949-3319 to find out about the arrests and warrants handled by them.
- Call the District Attorney’s Office at 423-775-4468 to speak with Victim/Witness Services.
- Call the Clerk of Court at 423-949-2618 to learn about accessing information on court dockets and judicial records
Crime statistics of Sequatchie County
In 2019, the Sequatchie Sheriff’s Department dealt with 184 criminal complaints, as opposed to the 169 cases registered in 2018. These included 153 non-violent crimes and 31 violent crimes.
The non-violent crimes category included 84 larceny thefts, 40 burglaries, and 29 motor vehicle thefts. Of the violent offenses reported, 29 were aggravated assaults, while 1 complaint each was filed against rape and robbery.
Older Crime Statistics
In Sequatchie County, Tennessee, almost 230 criminal incidents occur per year. Of the reports filed, approximately 12% are against violent acts of crime. A look at the property crimes in the area shows that the maximum number of cases lodged each year can be attributed to thefts at about 200 incidents.